Job Coaching Services
On-the-job work training with a specific employer.
To assist you in obtaining the specific work skills required in your new job.
- To obtain specific work skills necessary to perform the essential functions of your new job
- To increase your skill in negotiating the social demands in your new work place
- To increase your skill in managing activities related to work
1. On-The-Job Training
On-the-job training (OJT) typical takes place when you begin a new job and you need one-to-one assistance and training at the work place as you learn your new job. OJT includes:
- A list of all of the tasks that make up your new job and the steps to successfully complete each task
- Establishing natural supports for you in your new job. Natural supports usually include your supervisor(s) and co-workers who will help you when needed
- Coordinating your training with other people in your support system, such as family members or caregivers