FAQ for Job Seekers

What is an Employment Service Provider?

An Employment Service Provider is a agency that supports people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain, and maintain successful employment. UWEP is just one of several Employment Service Providers (also called vendors) in King County. UWEP has been providing employment services to individuals with disabilities for over 34 years. We are certified by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) and contract with both the King County Division of Developmental Disabilities (King County DDD) and the Washington State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).

How do I pay for your services?

Our services can be paid through a variety of resources, including DVR, King County DDD, State DDD Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waivers, Social Security Work Incentives, and private payment.

How do I apply for Social Security benefits?

To receive benefits from the Social Security Administration, you must go through an application process. To begin this process, contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website.

If you have questions about our employment services, please call us at 206-543-6387 or email us at uwep@u.washington.edu.